Possessing a concrete theoretical background as well as self developed skills that have been gained through establishing and developing full IT projects, networks and infrastructures from initial conception to completion. Experience covers design, testing to successful implementation, within budget, scope and process limitations. Extensive LAN, WAN, hardware and software experience, up-to-date on IT developments.
Ph.D. in Computer Science (2002 - 2007)
- National Technical Univeristy of Athens, ECE.
- Thesis Title: Near Optimal Algorithms and Inapproximability Results for Art Gallery Problems (in greek).
- Advisor: Stathis Zachos.
Postgraduate degree (1995 - 1998)
- Specialization in Computer Science, NTUA, ECE.
- GPA: 9.63/10.
B.Sc. in Geology (1989 - 1994)
- University of Athens, Geology Department.
- Thesis Title: Computer Aided Fossil Leaf Identification (in greek).
- Advisor: Evangelos Velitzelos.
Teaching Assignment from Oct 2008 to Feb 2009
- Dept. of Informatics and Telecommunications, Univ. of Athens
- Taught the undergraduate course "Computational Geometry"
Lecturer (short term) from Mar 2008 to Sep 2008
- Dept. of Informatics, Athens University of Economics and Bussiness
- Taught the undergraduate course "Theory of Computation"
Assistant Professor (short term) from Oct 2007 to Sep 2008
- Dept of Informatics and Telecommunications, Univ. of Athens
- Taught the undergraduate courses "Computational Geometry" and "Discrete Mathematics"
Teaching Assistant NTUA, ECE, 1994 - 2003
- Organized and supervised all introductory programming courses. The supervised students achieved the highest 10% grades of their class
- Edited and proofread the handouts for the 7th semester course on Algorithms and Complexity
- Organized and supervised a postgraduate course on Computational Geometry
- Presented lectures during various postgraduate courses (Theory of Computation, Non Traditional Databases, Graph Theory and Mathematical Logic)
- Fragoudakis, Christodoulos & Markos Karampatsis. "Visualizing Content for Computational Geometry Courses". In L. Lennex, & K. Nettleton (Eds.), Cases on Inquiry through Instructional Technology in Math and Science (pp. 581-604). IGI Global, 2012. doi: 10.4018/978-1-4666-0068-3.ch021
- Fragoudakis, Christodoulos. "The Geometry of Visibility". In I. Emiris, Computational Geometry: A modern algorithmic approach (pp. 67-82) (in greek). Klidarithmos, 2009. ISBN: 978-960-461-141-6.
- Fragoudakis Christodoulos, Markou Euripides & Stathis Zachos. "Maximizing the Guarded Boundary of an Art Gallery is APX-complete". Computational Geometry, vol. 28, issue 3 (pp. 170-180), Elsevier, 2007. doi: 10.1016/j.compgeo.2006.12.001
- Fragoudakis Christodoulos & Ophir Setter. "CGAL-Python experiences in NUA and TAU". ACS Technical Report No: ACS-TR-363608-03, 2003.
- NTUA, ECE, Corelab seminar: "Orthogonal Range Searching" (May 2007)
- NTUA, SEMFE: "On the embedability of graphs in Euclidean Spaces" (Dec 2004)
- NTUA, ECE, Corelab seminar: "Molecular structure detemination (Distance Geometry and Bound Smoothing)" (Dec 2004)
Computer Center, NTUA (2002 - today)
- SGI hardware administration: Administered IRIX and Linux multiprocessor servers (ORIGIN 2000, ALTIX 350), and a storage area network (TP9400) (2002 - 2008)
- Directory services migration: Designed and implemented the migration from Active Directory to OpenLDAP and SAMBA, implemented synchronization between Lotus Domino and OpenLDAP (2007)
- Windows Directory services: Designed and implemented an Active Directory domain (home directories, roaming profiles, group policies, domain trusts, 200 PCs, 2000 users served weekly). Designed and implemented the password syncronization scripts between Lotus Domino and Active Directory (2002 - 2007).
- Automated OS and applications deployment: Implemented an automated operating system and applications deployment facility for Windows (Norton Ghost) and Linux (Mondo Resque) workstations.
- Network security: Designed and implemented the Computer Center's security policy using 3 pairs of redundant Cisco PIX 515E firewalls. Implemented virtual private networks using OpenVPN (2004 - 2008)
- Network license management: Implemented the FLEXlm redundant mode licensing facility for the Computer Center's commercial software. Implemented a license servers' sanity check that guaranteed uninteruptible operations (2004)
Electrical and Computer Engineering Dept., NTUA (1999 - 2001)
- Systems and Network administration: Administered the first personal computers laboratory in the ECE Dept. Implemented the transition to Windows 2000 and Active Directory (48 PCs, 200 users served weekly).
Research and Informatics Corps, Greek Army (1998 - 1999)
- Windows 2000 administration, C programming: Participated in top secret projects of the Greek Army Center of Research and Technology
IT Department, NTUA Administration (1996 - 1998)
- DBase III, Clipper programming: Supported the NTUA's postgraduate students management system. Participated in the design and analysis of the new integrated management system.
IT Department, Therapy Center for Depended Individuals (1991 - 1992)
- MS-DOS, Lotus 123: Assisted the IT manager of ΚΕ.Θ.Ε.Α.
- Microsoft IT Forum 2005, Barcelona, Spain.
- ITEC 2003
- Database Administration for Microsoft SQL Server 2000
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
- Microsoft Visual Basic .NET
- Upgrading from Microsoft Windows 2000 Server to Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- MD5 2002
- Information Warfare and Critical Infrastructure Protection
- The Windows Registry
- Byte (2002)
- Domino Application Security and Workflow
- Domino Designer Fundamentals
- Center for Continued Education, NTUA (1994)
- Methods of Computational Mathematics and Applied Statistics.
- Algorithms on Graphs
- Hellenic Center of Productivity (ΕΛΚΕΠΑ) (1991)
- Year long seminar on Programming
- Research assistanship grant, Institute of Communications and Computer Systems, NTUA (1997, 2000).
- Research grants ΠΕΝΕΔ91-ΕΔ144 and ΠΕΝΕΔ95-ΕΔ523, General Secreteriat of Research and Technology (1996 - 1999).