Ph.D. in Computer Science (2002 - 2007)
- National Technical Univeristy of Athens, ECE.
- Thesis Title: Near Optimal Algorithms and Inapproximability Results for Art Gallery Problems (in greek).
- Advisor: Stathis Zachos.
Postgraduate degree (1995 - 1998)
- Specialization in Computer Science, NTUA, ECE.
- GPA: 9.63/10.
B.Sc. in Geology (1989 - 1994)
- University of Athens, Geology Department.
- Thesis Title: Computer Aided Fossil Leaf Identification (in greek).
- Advisor: Evangelos Velitzelos.
- Teaching Assignment from Oct 2008 to Feb 2009
- Dept. of Informatics and Telecommunications, Univ. of Athens
- Taught the undergraduate course “Computational Geometry”
- Lecturer (short term) from Mar 2008 to Sep 2008
- Dept. of Informatics, Athens University of Economics and Bussiness
- Taught the undergraduate course “Theory of Computation”
- Assistant Professor (short term) from Oct 2007 to Sep 2008
- Dept of Informatics and Telecommunications, Univ. of Athens
- Taught the undergraduate courses “Computational Geometry” and “Discrete Mathematics”
- Fragoudakis, Christodoulos & Markos Karampatsis. “Visualizing Content for Computational Geometry Courses”. In L. Lennex, & K. Nettleton (Eds.), Cases on Inquiry through Instructional Technology in Math and Science (pp. 581-604). IGI Global, 2012. doi: 10.4018/978-1-4666-0068-3.ch021
- Fragoudakis, Christodoulos. “The Geometry of Visibility”. In I. Emiris, Computational Geometry: A modern algorithmic approach (pp. 67-82) (in greek). Klidarithmos, 2009. ISBN: 978-960-461-141-6.
- NTUA, ECE, Corelab seminar: “Orthogonal Range Searching” (May 2007)
- NTUA, SEMFE: “On the embedability of graphs in Euclidean Spaces” (Dec 2004)
- NTUA, ECE, Corelab seminar: “Molecular structure determination (Distance Geometry and Bound Smoothing)” (Dec 2004)
Possessing a concrete theoretical background as well as self developed skills that have been gained through establishing and developing full IT projects, networks and infrastructures from initial conception to completion. Experience covers design, testing to successful implementation, within budget, scope and process limitations. Extensive LAN, WAN, hardware and software experience, up-to-date on IT developments.
Computer Center, NTUA (2002 - today)
- SGI hardware administration: Administered IRIX and Linux multiprocessor servers (ORIGIN 2000, ALTIX 350), and a storage area network (TP9400) (2002 - 2008)
- Directory services migration: Designed and implemented the migration from Active Directory to OpenLDAP and SAMBA, implemented synchronization between Lotus Domino and OpenLDAP (2007)
- Network security: Designed and implemented the Computer Center’s security policy using 3 pairs of redundant Cisco PIX 515E firewalls. Implemented virtual private networks using OpenVPN (2004)
- Network license management: Implemented the FLEXlm redundant mode licensing facility for the Computer Center’s commercial software. Implemented a license servers’ sanity check that guaranteed uninterruptible operations (2004)
Research and Informatics Corps, Greek Army (1998 - 1999)
- Windows 2000 administration, C programming: Participated in top secret projects of the Greek Army Center of Research and Technology
IT Department, NTUA Administration (1996 - 1998)
- DBase III, Clipper programming: Supported the NTUA’s postgraduate students management system. Participated in the design and analysis of the new integrated management system.
IT Department, Therapy Center for Depended Individuals (1991 - 1992)
- MS-DOS, Lotus 123: Assisted the IT manager of ΚΕ.Θ.Ε.Α.